Myths & Truths about Romance & Marriage
Myths about Romance & Marriage
- Marriage makes romance permanent.
- The intense longing I feel for my partner will become permanent sweet intensity if only we can always be together.
- Romantic fulfillment is achieved by finding my perfect partner or soul mate.
- Our relationship will be happy and harmonious if only my partner agrees to follow my advice.
- Most of our problems arise because I and my partner are so different from one another.
- Our relationship will become harmonious if only my partner agrees to change.
- Problems in our relationship prove that I have chosen the wrong partner.
- My partner's attraction to others of the opposite sex proves he/she does not really love me.
- Unless I react and protest what I find unacceptable, my partner will never change for the better.
- I have lost the feeling of romance because my partner doesn't keep me happy.
Truths about Romance & Marriage
- My partner's attention and affection towards me is the measure of my attention and affection towards my partner.
- Relationships are spoiled when the partners compete and try to dominate one another.
- A partner's love and goodwill is a most powerful source of protection.
- Romance doesn't last because partners stop trying to please one another and instead demand to be pleased.
- Physical, sexual attraction to another is a misleading and unreliable index of love, romance or marital compatibility.
- The qualities we dislike in our partner always represent corresponding qualities in ourself.
- The best strategy for successful relationship is to always be positive, never react negatively to your partner.
- Cheerfulness is the surest and strongest foundation for lasting love and romance.
- Romance depends on your attitude toward your partner, not on you partner's attributes.
- The formula for romantic compatibility is complementarity on a bedrock of similarity. Contrast generates the intensity, sameness generates the harmony.
If you would like to raise general questions on romance, love, marriage and relationship or about any of the content in this article, please post your entry in the appropriate forums