Frequently Asked Questions
IRES is an intelligent expert system based on principles and strategies of human relationship that have been validated in thousands of instances over forty years of research. Now they are being converted into an automated expert system. Presently all responses are processed and reviewed by manually so that the system can be fully validated before launching the automated version. The system depends on regular feedback from users so that recommendations can be clarified and if necessary modified based on additional inputs.
IRES is intended for
- Married individuals and/or partners
- Unmarried couples in a relationship which they seek to make permanent and harmonious.
- Unmarried individuals seeking to decide upon an appropriate lifelong partner.
The site is not intended to deal with problems that are primarily relate to other members of the family, children and/or friends, but we do provide advice where the problem directly bears on relationship, e.g. dealing with parents before marriage and in-laws after marriage.
- Enroll & Complete User Profile: Registered Users of Romance Eternal can subscribe to IRES and complete a personal profile providing basic information about themselves and their partner. This takes less than 5 minutes.
- Users are then asked to identify the main category and psychological attributes of their relationship problem, to describe it in words, and to answer a specific setof questions to further clarify the issue. This may require 15-30 minutes for the average user.
- Within 24 hours, IRES will respond with an initial specific set of recommendations and possibly a request for clarifications or additional information. Users are notified of IRES' response by email and are asked to log in to retrieve it.
- Users are asked to provide feedback to IRES at the end of 7, 14, 21 and 28 days regarding their progress in resolving the relationship problem.
- Users are free to log in and record additional information and ask for additional clarifications at any time during the period their subscription is valid.
We do not charge you.
Our objective is to provide all responses within 24 hours. In the event of a sudden dramatic increase in user demand, users will be notified within 24 hours and responses will follow in a maximum of 72 hours from logging of problems.
IRES' is based on proven principles of human nature and effective human relationships known to all cultures in the past and validated by more than four decades of research. The central principle on which the site is based is the principle of Harmony. It is based on theoretical and empirical observation that the level of harmony in any relationship can be raised by the unilateral action of one of the parties. Most relationship problems stem from the desire of one partner for a change in the attitude and/or behavior of their partner. The effort to bring about a change in the other person almost invariably raises resistance and resentment which aggravates the disharmony. Our approach is to identify practical strategies by which either party can evoke a change in their partner by making a corresponding change in their own attitudes and behavior. When genuinely done, It never fails to raise the level of harmony in the relationship. Exceptions are when one partner wants to dominate the other, which can never bring true harmony. These methods will not work for that purpose. The site is not intended for people with that objective.
The expert system takes into account more than 1000 principles of human development. A few examples of some principles and corollaries are given below:
- Energy is required for any accomplishment. Taking initiative in word or action from a position of weakness or low energy will be unsuccessful. Assertion by the weaker partner in a relationship will only lead to greater disharmony. The weaker partner who wants to solve a relationship problem should first acquire psychological strength by greater understanding, emotional self-control or other methods.
- Complaints and/or pressure by one partner in a relationship to dominate over the other partner or make them change the way they behave invariably result in resistance, resentment and increased opposition in the other person, either directly or indirectly. Silently willing for the other person to change is more effective because it does not raise the resistance of ego in the other person.
- Partners each view a relationship from their own egoistic point of view. Harmony arises from shifting to a point of view that fully takes into account the valid needs and perspectives of the other person. Taking the other's point of view is a powerful antidote to egoistic selfishness which can resolve a large proportion of relationship problems.
- Similarity of ideas, tastes and interests is often the basis for initial attraction between a man and woman, but emotionalintensity and lasting relationship depends on a deeper complementarity between them which takes many different forms of expression. Without complementarity, the superficial infatuation, no matter how intense, gradually fades. Our site identifies the deeper complementarity and can help a user recognize a truer basis for harmonious relationship.
- Men and women naturally assume that they both seek to fulfill the same needs in the relationship. In reality, their needs are different and complementary. Before marriage, they seek to please one another, so the differences are overlooked. After marriage, the differences come to the surface. A woman's primary need in marriage is social and material security, without which she has no valid social identity. A man's in psychological. This is especially true after childbirth, when the physical and emotional energies of the woman are naturally redirected from the husband-wife relationship to the mother-child relationship, leaving a psychological vacuum for some men. There are exceptions to this principle in which one or both party truly seeks to attain a higher ideal of romance based on self-giving and identification with their partner, in which case sources of disharmony and solutions will be different.
At the present time, we are not offering voice support. We are 100% committed to resolving every problem that is submitted to us, provided users are willing to work sincerely for a solution.
We are committed to 100% confidentiality. Our published policies state that we will not use personal information provided for any reason without the written permission of the user.